March 16, 2020
To our Valued Clients,
Despite our previously announced Contingency Plan surroundings COVID19, we are now taking the governments advice on containment.
Based on the Prime Minister’s announcement this afternoon, ie ‘Come home, stay home,’ our office will be suspending any further face-to-face visits with our valued clients, until further notice.
We CAN offer continued care through telepractice/virtual methods when appropriate. We will contact you with this information as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
We take the health and safety of all of our clients very seriously and hope you are all safe and sound.
Cheryl D Lindsay, M.S., S-LP
March 14, 2020
To Our Valued Clients,
Due to the province’s recent outbreak of Corona Virus and closure of schools, we wish to inform you that we can offer a contingency plan for how we deliver care to our clients.
Of course, our staff will be following Ontario Public Health guidelines, asking screening questions of our parents/clients and practicing a diligent protocol for your/our safety and protection.
To do so we are adopting the following:
1. Have you or a family member that you have been in contact with been out of the province in the last 30 to 60 days?
2. Are you experiencing any cough, cold, fever or difficulty breathing?
Yes, to one or both of these questions may result in refusal of direct (face to face ) treatment.
We are also adopting the Self-Monitoring guidelines attached.
Please adhere to these guidelines for at least the next three weeks if you are continuing to book sessions with your therapist. We will be over in three weeks or sooner if necessary.
Options for Continuing Your Treatment include the following:
- You may choose to discontinue your therapy until further notice.
- You may make arrangements with your therapist to be seen at an alternate location, other than your child’s school and ensure self-monitoring guidelines are followed
- You may maintain your current treatment location at your child’s daycare provider, if it remains open and their protocol and ensure self-monitoring guidelines are followed.
- You may also wish to engage in a telepractice option according to our CASLPO regulated guidelines, which may include using an online platform such as FaceTime, Skype or other to reduce face to face contact. More information about this option is available upon request.
Thank you for your diligent cooperation during this outbreak. If you have any questions or concerns about being screened, self-monitoring and further therapy, please do not hesitate to inquire.
March 17, 2020
To: All CASLPO Registrants
Today, the Government of Ontario has declared a Provincial Emergency. This allows the government to use “every power possible to continue to protect the health and safety of all individuals and families.”
In accordance with the College’s mandate to act in the public interest, and in response to the needs of patients and registrants, CASLPO strongly recommends registrants suspend services if:
- They are non-emergent or,
- The federal or provincial governments indicate that you must do so.
If you must provide services, we strongly recommend you institute the following practices:
- Pre-arrival screening to ensure your patients are not exhibiting signs of illness
- Reduce the number of patients (or family) gathering in the waiting room
- Remove reading materials and toys from the waiting area
- Provide hand sanitation and masks
- Increase cleaning of all surfaces
- Use personal protective equipment in accordance with the Ontario Public Health March 12, 2020 technical brief:
“Updated IPAC Recommendations for Use of Personal Protective Equipment for Care of Individuals with Suspect or Confirmed COVID-19”
7. Consider using virtual interventions, where feasible (please review the Position Statement on Use of Telepractice Approaches)
CASLPO’s website (caslpo.com) contains the most essential links. Further, the new “General Standards; Infection Prevention and Control” provide additional links and it is expected that you remain current by reviewing the document and the associated websites contained within.
All College practice standards remain in place.
The College will be operating virtually beginning tomorrow, March 18, 2020, until further notice. All College services will continue to be provided, but adjustments in service delivery may be required depending on circumstances. Meetings of the College Council and its committees will be held virtually until further notice. The volume of practice advice enquiries is large, so we ask for your understanding in this regard.
Above all, please take needed precautions to remain safe and healthy during the current coronavirus crisis.
Thank you for your extraordinary work during these very challenging times.
Please contact us at email@example.com or the Practice Advice Team if you have questions.
Learn More/Pour en savoir plus: caslpo.com