This letter is intended to outline our procedures and expectations for each home visit session.
- Your therapist will contact you on the morning of each session (or as close to the visit as possible, e.g. night before) to complete our COVID-19 screening by phone.
- This screening will consist of some questions about your/your child’s recent travel history, possible symptoms, etc.
- A screening questionnaire will be completed for each member of your family who will be present during the session. We ask that as few members of your household be present in the room during the session as possible.
- Your therapist will ask you to sign this form upon their arrival at your home.
- It should also be noted that our online screening form is forthcoming.
- When your therapist arrives at your home, they will be wearing a face shield that covers their whole face.
- This is a clear face shield, which allows your therapist’s face to be easily seen. They will have this shield on when they arrive and will wear it for the entirety of the session.
- We also ask that you or the guardian that will be present for the session wear a mask. Your child can wear a mask during the session if tolerated and will be instructed to remove their mask when their face needs to be seen during the session (e.g. production of sounds/words).
- Children under the age of two as well as preschoolers are not required to wear a mask but can if tolerated.
- These masking recommendations are not required if 6 feet of physical distancing can be maintained at all times throughout the session.
- Before the session begins, we will ask that you and your child both wash your hands. Your therapist will have sanitized their hands upon arrival.
If you have any questions or concerns about our procedures for home visits, please do not hesitate to ask.