Our office strives to provide the best possible service, while maintaining your right to privacy.
We only collect information necessary to allow us a clear picture of your child in relation to speech and language. We also make every attempt to provide this information only to those parties that need it.
The following details this information and how it is protected.
What information do we collect?
- Name, birth date, address, telephone number, and doctors’ names.
- Health information and health history, including any medication prescribed.
- School information, both past and present if this is relevant to treating your child.
This may include report cards, Ontario Student Record and Individual Education Plan.
- Contact information for yourself and family members.
Why do we collect this information?
- To best serve your needs or your child’s.
- To adhere to both federal and provincial law.
- To elicit feedback as to our quality of service.
- If we want to use your information for any other reason, we will ask for your consent.
Who do we share this information with?
- Upon your consent, information is shared with health care workers including therapists, doctors and office staff and school staff including teachers, resource teachers, principals and educational assistants.
What are your rights in regards to this information?
- You may see your or your child’s personal information.
- You may have a copy of any information included in your or your child’s file.
- Your or your child’s personal information is private. We will only share your or your child’s information with your consent and when required by law.
What is your responsibility?
- It is up to you to give us the correct information.
- It is your responsibility to make us aware of any changes in information or health status.